The project aims to work with residents, businesses, community groups, and Barnet Council to develop ways to improve the town centre.
We understand the importance of upholding your privacy and safeguarding your personal data. We will use information about you only in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations.
We use the information provided to us to communicate details of the North Finchley Town Centre projects with the public. Public participation is a key element to these projects to ensure that residents, businesses, organisations and other individuals are provided with project updates, the means by which they make comments on the projects and participate in associated community activities.
Personal information collected
During your participation in this project, we may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information about you:
- Contact information: this includes the information that you provide when you leave a comment, sign-up your interest and/or join the mailing list (i.e. name, surname, email, phone number, address, postcode).
- Diversity Date: we may ask you to fill in a diversity survey with information about your age, gender, ethnicity, working status, and religion. Our consultations may ask for this information so we can consider the diverse needs of the area, but these will be anonymous. You do not have to provide this information to participate or comment on the projects.
- Views on the project proposals: when you leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form. We may also ask you if you would like to participate in any interviews, workshops, and surveys, to share your feedback, comments, and ideas. You do not have to take part in this, and we will ask for your permission before we collect any further data unless you have already consented to this.
Where we are required by law to engage with land/property owners we will collect additional financial and property information.
Who we share the information with
- Barnet Council
- North Finchley Town Centre working groups where necessary
- North Finchley Partnership Board where necessary
- Consultant team, as indicated above, where necessary
Legislation that applies
The Local Government Act 2000 gives local authorities powers to engage in work to promote the economic, social and environmental well-being of the borough.
How long we keep your information
Information from mailing lists, consultations, and engagement will be retained for three years after completion of the North Finchley Town Centre project. The project could last indefinitely.
When you visit our website
We use Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics, but we do not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This data helps us analyse web page usage and improve our website to tailor it to our audience needs.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got there and what you clicked on. Google Analytics sets cookies which will stay active for a number of years and identify on your computer that you have visited our website.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you visit by installing a browser plugin at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
If you have shared your contact details with us on the comment form and/or other methods, these will be used for the purpose of us adding you to the project mailing list and contacting you about the project and your comments/interest. You have a choice about whether you wish to be contacted by us and if you wish for us to not use any of your personal data for the purpose of the project. You can change your preference at any time by contacting us by email on: [email protected]